- Single mom to a beautiful high school sophomore
- Full-time RTD Bus and Light Rail rider and does not own a car
- Advocate for all people
- Holds a dual Ph.D. from the University of Colorado College of Architecture and Planning in Denver and the Institute of Cognitive Science in Boulder.
- Expertise in the design of Transit Oriented Development with a emphasis on ease of navigation
Author of "Making Cents of TOD"
- Commissioner Mayor’s Commission for People with Disabilities
- Member and graduate, Transit Alliance, Transit Academy - Outstanding Graduate Award - 2012
- Board Member - DCIL - Disability Center for Independent Living
- Board Member EYECYCLE COLORADO
- Appointed to the Colorado State Rehabilitation Advisory Council by Governor John Hickenlooper
- Aurora Chamber of Commerce - Member
- Architectural planning and design consultant
- University of Colorado, Denver, Dual Ph.D. in Architectural Planning and Cognitive Science
- University of Southern California, MBA
- University of Southern California, BA, Psychology
- New Hampshire APA Annual Tri-State Conference, Fall 2013
- American Association of University Women Colorado State Conference, Winter 2014,
- We Are City, Indianapolis, Summer 2014,
- Iris Institute, Portland, Maine, Fall 2014
- Wratslov, Poland Spring 2009
- University of Colorado at Denver: Landscape Architecture Spring 2008; Land Use Planning and Design Fall 2012; College of Political Science Spring 2014, Fall 2014-Public Participation in the Political Process,
- University of Denver Behavioral Geography, Spring 2014
- Rising Star, Arapahoe County Democrats, Fall 2013
- Women in Transportation Seminar (WTS) Colorado Diversity Leadership Award February 2014,
- WTS International Award Rosa Parks Diversity Leadership Award, Portland Oregon, May 2014.
Kick-off of National Physical Fitness Month and EYECYCLE Across America with Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1994. ( Click here for a short LA Times article about her trip across the U.S.A. )
In 1988 Claudia founded the non-profit EYECYCLE in Santa Monica, California. In 1994, Claudia led a 30 day trans-continental tandem bicycle ride from California to Washington D.C. promoting accessible recreation for people with disabilities. This is the celebration of the kick-off, May 1st 1994 with Arnold Schwarzenegger dedicating National Physical Fitness Month for people with disabilities across America. (Tandem Captain Karen Adkison.) The Denver chapter of EYECYCLE meets and rides regularly at the Colorado Center for the Blind in Littleton. Visit EYECYCLE Colorado at http://www.eyecyclecolorado.org/
Riding the White Line -
A Blind Cyclist Raises Awareness about Disabilities in a Month-Long Trek Across America
by Claudia Folska, Ph.D.
by Claudia Folska, Ph.D.